Thursday, August 4, 2011

Welcome to Momlandia!

I'm trying to write Momlandia's inaugural post but I've got two half-dressed little boys screaming the theme song to "Beyblade: Metal Fusion" and bouncing around on the couch and I'm finding it difficult to come up with some kind of meaningful or profound or even funny first sentence.  Fortunately, they've gone catatonic in the time it took me to write that first bit there because the actual cartoon has begun.  But "Bey Blade! Bey Blade! Let it rip!" is still rattling around my brain (and if you know what I'm talking about, now you're singing it too.  Sorry.  There will be more on this show, I'm sure, in the future.  Seriously, a TV show, based on a game about spinning tops?!? Seems like a bit of a stretch to me, but then the game itself is a bit of a stretch.  If you're 7, it totally rocks your world.... but I digress...)

Such is life in Momlandia....little bodies clambering, jumping around, kneeing me in the pelvis, shouting something in my face (usually actual words, but often just noise, and sometimes even an "I love you, mama"), before licking me and wiping their hands on my shirt, all while I'm trying to think about something important.....and go to the bathroom.  Or figure out how one goes about getting a new furnace.  Or how to make dinner out of celery, leftover chicken, and the last powdered bits of cereal in the bag.  Or write a blog post.  Or some other necessity that might just require a moment's peace and privacy. 

So, brace yourself, readers, "Welcome to Momlandia" will log the daily craziness of the homes of two families--mine (me, my husband Chris, and our two boys, W&J) and Jana's (her husband Chris--who is also my brother...try to keep up here--and their two boys, B&S).  Look for posts from both of us as we capture the chaos that can only happen in Momlandia and try to make light of (if not sense out of) the adventures we've gotten ourselves into.

1 comment: